In the iPhone, iPad, iPod version of KoC, use of your troops to attack Wilds, Picts, or other players is covered here.
There are many tips that have been thrown out there. Here are a few:
- Decoy - Control at least one wild, put troops on it and hide the rest of the troops in your city. Presumably, this will provide you with an alert that you are being attacked and the losses will be minimal.
- Spies - Send spies to join other Alliances and learn their coordinates and Combat Strategy. This can be accomplished using a second account, as discussed in Cheats.
- Hunker Down - Build enormous Storehouse and Hide your Troops. Must make sure your Embassy is built out enough to host your Alliance'sTroops. During this down time, build Resources, Defenses and Troops.
- ScareTactic -Build Might excessively and land in the top 10 listing of Alliances. Presumably, this will cause other Alliances to decide not to attack those in your Alliance.
- Knight Training -Attack Wilds and Cities that are not in an Alliance to build up your Knights levels.
- How many Troops to send - It depends on your Knights bonus, and the blend of what you are attacking versus what you are sending, but at the early game, send 2 times the number of Troops to your opponent. This will likely ensure you win the battle. You do not want to send too little, lose and conquer nothing - that is a complete waste of your Might.
- Razing Low Level Cities - An alternative to building Resources Structures when you first come out of Seven Day Protection is to target and frequently attack low Level cities nearby. The most profitable attacks are cities with players who have given up, but who built farms, Quarry, etc. This allows you to get the resources they produce periodically, but benefit from the fact that the player has not logged on to queue up creation of Troops.
- Getting Attacked - This Tip has saved serious resources. if you are getting attacked, you should try to send an alliance member your resources that exceed the capacity of your Storehouse, or queue up building of Troops or Defensive units. You may also want to Hide All Troops.
- Instant Attack - Occassionally, you will receive a 15-minute SpeedUp as part of the Daily Chance offerings (or you can purchase these using Gems. These can be used to your advantage in many ways. One such example is to send a two-waved attacked. The first wave is a single tier 1 troop with a low-level Knight, followed by everything you got with a high-level Knight. The second wave should not be sent until you get the report back from the first wave - this report will tell you if the opponent's Troops are hidden or not. Then, you can send the second wave with the right amount of troops. As soon as you have send the second wave, click the Speed Up button next to March and the Troops will hit your opponent - often before the opponent knows enough to Unhide troops. A variation on this attack is to send a Scout first to understand how many resources are at stake.